Joshua Abrahams, DMD
Dr. Joshua Abrahams was born and raised in Staten Island, NY. He earned his dental degree from Rutgers School of Dental Medicine. He then completed a General Practice Residency at Jacobi Medical Center and a one-year Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery internship at Woodhull Medical Center.
Dr. Abrahams completed his training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Nova Southeastern University/ Broward Health Medical Center in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, where he also served as Chief Resident.
- DMD – Rutgers School of Dental Medicine (Formerly UMDNJ)
- General Practice Residency – Jacobi Medical Center
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Internship – Woodhull Medical and Mental Health Center
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Residency – Nova Southeastern University/Broward Health Medical Center
- Certified BLS/CPR Instructor
He is an attending surgeon at the following local hospitals:
- NYU Winthrop Hospital
- Northwell Health – Long Island Jewish Medical Center
Dr. Abrahams practices the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery with emphasis on dentoalveolar surgery, dental implants, bone reconstruction, facial trauma, and oral and maxillofacial pathology. He is also the author of numerous journal articles, and has lectured nationally.
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- New York State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association, New York State Dental Association
- Nassau County Dental Society