Dr. Alex Meneshian was born and raised in Montreal. His professional education started at McGill University where he was awarded his DDS degree with high honors graduating at the top of his class.
He then went on to obtain his MD degree at the State University of New York at Stony Brook School of Medicine. Dr. Meneshian then completed his combined residency in General Surgery and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Long Island Jewish Medical Center. He is an attending doctor at many of the areas prestigious hospitals, including NYU Winthrop Hospital, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, and Nassau University Medical Center. Dr. Meneshian is the current Chief of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at NYU – Long Island Hospital.
- DDS McGill University
- MD SUNY Stony Brook School of Medicine
- Fellowship Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Residency in General Surgery at University Hospital and Medical Center at SUNY Stony Brook/School of Medicine
- Residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Board certified and Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Certified CPR instructor
Contact our Mineola or Port Washington Offices to Schedule an Appointment!
Dr. Alex Meneshian practices the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery with emphasis on dental implants, bone reconstruction, orthognathic surgery, TMJ surgery and treatment of sleep apnea patients.
Dr. Meneshian is a member of numerous professional organizations including the following:
- American Medical Association, Medical Society of the State of New York, Suffolk County Medical Society, Suffolk Academy of Medicine
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, New York State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- American Dental Association, New York State Dental Association, Nassau County Dental Society